Community Impact Strategy 2015 – 2020
By 2020, residents will:
- Have increased quality of life;
- Where able to, be working and/or learning;
- Feel that where they live is safe; and
- Be actively contributing towards making their neighbourhood a great place to live.
We will achieve these aims by working towards the following priority objectives in both the delivery of core services and partnership working.
- Support a reduction in preventable deaths and increased life expectancy.
- Enhance the quality of life for people with long term conditions.
- Prevent avoidable harm by providing a safe environment.
- Increase community physical activity and use of green space in neighbourhoods.
- Eliminate any housing or support barrier that contributes to unnecessary admissions to or delayed discharge from hospital.
Education and Employment
- Support an increase educational attainment levels across all ages.
- Support a reduction in absence and truancy.
- Increase numbers of adult learners.
- Increase numbers of available pathways into sustainable employment.
- Increase feelings of safety.
- Support partner agencies in reducing levels of ASB, crime and reoffending using a range of interventions.
- Reduce levels of intervention by ForViva staff in neighbourhood dispute cases.
- Increase community leadership and ownership of neighbourhood improvements.
- Agree new standards of neighbourhood services with customers.
- Build community resilience that is underpinned by greater customer self reliance.Increase satisfaction with the neighbourhood as a place to live.
- Reduce the impact of public sector reform in our neighbourhoods.
- Deliver more place-based service delivery in our operating areas.